Ritme in Blauw – “Rhythm in Blue” is the latest in a series of successful exhibitions by Mirjam van Zweden. The current offering from Dutch-born artist (08/26/1964) is devoted entirely to the colour blue: one single tone to transform a vast variety of nuances into an exciting emotional spectrum of acrylic on canvas.
The pictures’ hypnotic, concentric forms draw the viewer into a dream world whose roots lie in the artist’s urge to communicate and convey, through spatula and brush, the bold yearnings within her.
Mirjam van Zweden’s paintings all bear Dutch names – a tribute to her origins in a family of artists who were quick to see and encourage her creative talents. She now lives and works in Zurich, Switzerland.
The development from her earlier figurative essays to these powerful paintings with their traces of modern expressionism and tachisme are telling testimony to her own artistic growth.
“RITME IN BLAUW” is a fascinating gallery of images by and of Mirjam van Zweden. With her strong and sweeping technique, she brings her own emotionality to the fore against the most varied of backgrounds, and her own unique rhythm to the smooth and soothing blues.
- 2006 ORACLE Charity Event “Kind + Krebs”, FIFA Sonnenberg in Zürich
- 2004 kdw kunst design wein Loft, Rüti/ZH
- 2003 ACS Automobil Club Switzerland – Zürich
- 2003 B&O BANG & OLUFSEN – Thalwil/Zürich
- 2002 Dufourstrasse 177 – 8008 Zürich-Seefeld
- 2001 Fairchild Executive Search, Zürich
- 1999 Group Exhibition, Arabella Atlantis Sheraton, Zürich
- 1999 Galerie Point of Art, Bistro-Restaurant PLUS, Frankfurt Germany
- 1999 Galerie Blau, Frankfurt a.M./Seeheim, Germany
- 1999 Atlantis Sheraton Hotel, Zürich
- 1997 Diagonal, Zürich
- 1999 Creation of a concept artwork «The Way Forward» for GateGourmet +Dobbs International
- 1999 Creation of the FRONTPAGE (Cover) SAirRelations, Annual Report of SAirGroup
- 1998 Created a winebottle label for the Café Boy au Gratin restaurant, Zurich.
- 1998 Designed the decoration for a fibreglass tiger exhibited to promote the “Ich will ein grösseres Gehege” (‘I want a bigger cage’) campaign for better tiger facilities at Zurich Zoo.
- 1998 Painted two lifesize fibreglass cows for Zurich’s Land in Sicht street art exhibition, for the Atlantis Sheraton Hotel and Hausamann Foto. The cows were exhibited for several months along with around a thousand other artworks all over the city.
- 1997 Official Christmas card for the Tagblatt der Stadt Zürich daily newspaper.